Tuesday 19 January 2010

Mistress Vintage Goes Wild

Apologies to all those who thought I was probably lying dead in a gutter somewhere. The truth behind my mysterious disappearance is that I have been travelling to some seriously remote locations with no way of communicating.....nightmare. But the exciting bit is that I've been in deepest darkest Canada and the rainforest in Australia producing a huge and exciting new series with David Attenborough. We had an incredible time flying endless choppers around the Canadian Rockies before heading all over Oz. We boiled in the outback, got soaked in the tropical rainforests of North Queensland and burnt on Heron Island, an island paradise in the middle of the Barrier Reef, but working with my incredible crew and such a legend has definitely been the highlight of my career by miles so far. This is me below with our cameraman wading out with camera equipment to Wistari Reef sandbar (excuse the sweatiness and horribly white legs). The sandbar is exposed once a day, and disappears pretty quickly. We decided to shoot on this tiny bit of sand in the middle of nowhere, where boats can barely reach and there's nothing but water and sharks for miles around!


Now that I'm back I'm pleased to report that the Craftaholics fair was a great success and loads of fun. The other sellers had some unique and beautiful offerings and we kept our spirits up by cooing over all the lovely things and consuming bucket loads of tea. Thank you to everyone who came down to see Mistress Vintage, and to my gorgeous pal Amy was a trooper on the day and kept me from crying by stuffing me with cake when I emerged from the fair to find I had a whopping great parking ticket! Another showbiz lady Anna Popplewell, Lucy from the Narnia films, has joined the ranks of MV fans when she purchased a time piece necklace. Clearly the whimsical feel I try and put into the collections appeal to the ladies in fantasy film!


For those keen to get their hands on new pieces, QettyBangBang, which has now opened its new fabulous website http://www.qettybangbang.co.uk/ and Scarecrow in Crouch End have just taken a new delivery from MV....so run along and check them out...time pieces galore....tick tock!














MV will also be expanding its horizons and joining new vintage fairs soon, so keep tuning in to find out where and when I will next be showing. Hope to see you all soon xx

NUGGET!!
I recently came across an absolute gem of a website called Queens of Vintage http://www.queensofvintage.com/. This vintagetastic website gives all kinds of tips about styling, events, interiors - everything you could possibly want to know about how to live the perfect vintage life. My favourite part is the top 100 vintage queens where people send in pictures of themselves and are judged on how fabulous they are. Also the little queen on the screen videos which show delicious old clips of the ultimate vintage divas is inspiring and if not will just make you smile. So click on and maybe you might be tempted to enter yourself as a vintage queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment